1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, UCS 0.7.4.0 is now available. Get it now for FREE here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi there Guest ! Are you a uploader and you are looking for a way to earn from your uploads? uploadify is a file hosting platform that provides you the possibility to earn from your download without the annoying surveys. Free 10 Gb Space!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Guest, It is hard to setup a server, that is why there is a documentation to help you here
    Dismiss Notice

A New Command

Discussion in 'Done' started by nanoeray, Jun 2, 2015.

1. #1 nanoeray, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    Hi,

if you add the /announcement or /notice it will be cool :D

this command using on the announcement the other players

2. If this was to be implemented. How do you want it to work. I think it would be cool if when you logged in it gave you a notification or something. What do you think?

3. This would require .csv modifications as the server doesnt send a text to display it just sends the message code to look for in the text.csv file

4. This will be implemented as gameop command and will send in-game mails to whole server

5. If I have 100k players. So, let say the mail send requires 1kB space, so 1kB x 100,000 = 100MB of hdd space? Big hard disk, here I come. :p

6. 0 mb of HDD cause it's just sent to users but not stored

7. If not stored, then how the player retrieve it, let say if the announcement is delivered when he is not online? Or is it just deliver to online players only?

8. I see what you mean, I was thinking more like it was a volatile announcement
    For what you mean, the message will be stored once and loaded for each player connecting

9. #9 deysmacro, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Many of my players are just one-time-player. Does it effect the game in any way?

10. nope only your server bandwidth :)

11. Nice. If there any restrictions in making announcements? Like how many characters per announcement or how many successive announcements allowed?

12. #12 Ultrapowa, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    For in-game announcement, the restriction will be the chat one (ex number of characters)
    Not limit for successive announcements
    It's also possible to create more detailed announcements with csv modding

13. Nice. Basically when we do announcements, it would be shown like the shutdown notice? Or have mailbox or something?

14. something like /sysmsg Hello World!

15. Nice. Will be waiting for the update then. :)

16. nice @ultrapowa ! we waiting

17. Done in 0.6 (mailbox announcements)