1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, UCS 0.7.4.0 is now available. Get it now for FREE here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi there Guest ! Are you a uploader and you are looking for a way to earn from your uploads? uploadify is a file hosting platform that provides you the possibility to earn from your download without the annoying surveys. Free 10 Gb Space!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Guest, It is hard to setup a server, that is why there is a documentation to help you here
    Dismiss Notice

TUTORIAL Compile UCS without Visual Studio 2015

Discussion in 'FAQ & Tutorials' started by Knight King, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hello, so as you know Visual Studio (VS2015) takes few mins to start and load project. Today i show you how to compile UCS without VS2015:

Downloads:
    Micosoft Build Tools 2015 is required: download
    [This is a part of Vs2015 but it is light(<100MB)(If you have VS2015 installed you should have this)]
    UCSCompiler.exe : Download

How to use:
    Place it in the UCS source code folder (which has a sln file)
    Then click download build script and download nugetpackagesrestorer
    After that click compile. A cmd windows will appear. Wait it says Build succeeded. You are done​

*Note:The app maybe not responding when downloading nugetpackagesrestorer. You should wait till it finish. Don't close it.

MasterWolf16, Chief and Simon like this.
  2. I thought that visual studio takes some minutes only in my pc thanks and congrats For the post!

3. Hello, nice post I edited it to make it more easy to read for the newbies on the forum ;).

4. It built whats after that I get a package folder full of folders?

5. in a folder there is a sln file

6. I already put in that folder.

7. i will edit the post

8. Problems detected.
    I have downloaded and installed Microsoft Build Tools from the link given and the build script and the nugetpackagedrestorer.
    But when I open the UCSCompiler.exe it says that Microsoft Build Tools 2015 is required and I have do download that.
    Please help me.

9. i will upload a new version

10. Anyone have the original source of UCS 0.7?

11. weird

12. Now I have VS2015.
    But when I open the source it says that there are two errors in the Database files.
    ADO.Net errors.

13. What version u want to compile?
    What errors do u get?

14. ignore them

15. When I ignore them, UCS stops after starting.