1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest ! Are you a uploader and you are looking for a way to earn from your uploads? uploadify is a file hosting platform that provides you the possibility to earn from your download without the annoying surveys. Free 10 Gb Space!
    Dismiss Notice

It's That Time Of The Year Again!

Discussion in 'Announcements From Network' started by CrayCray, Jan 8, 2017.

1. CrayCray

CrayCray Assistant Head Developer

Hello all!

I have returned again with more exposing to be done. Today I will be discussing (Again) the one and only head developer of UCS, Clash of Lights. Recently COL has DMCA'd my homeboy (Dimaa) for the use of UCS with 8.709.2 support. Now you may be asking your self well whats wrong?

The issue is COL is and was not allowed to DMCA for the use of it in the first place. Firstly the copy of UCS supplied to Dimaa was using the Apache 2.0 license. Clearly some of us can't read or for that matter learn to search once in awhile.

The Apache 2.0 License allowed for commercial use, modifications, distribution of the software, sub licensing, private use, use of patent claims, and placement of warranty.

Source: https://tldrlegal.com/license/apache-license-2.0-(apache-2.0)

http://imgur.com/a/Zmkbg (Read this before reading the second part and the IP has been censored for his sake.)

Secondly, in the DMCA notice sent by Clash of Lights it claims to be "Clash of Lights work". Alright lets HOLD UP for a second. Ultrapowa was or is NOT owned by Clash of Lights at all. He may have been an Administrator and a Head Dev but when in the actual fuck was he the copyright owner for UCS. The owner of Ultrapowa Clash Server is Ultrapowa (Unless Ultra handed over the rights and shit to Eiffel. I honestly don't care.) If you are sending a DMCA request it should be sent by the OWNER (or who the product is under. In that case it should have been Ultrapowa or Eiffel but either way they still couldn't have done it since its Apache 2.0.) of the product not the head developer because what you are saying in the DMCA request is that you are the owner of this product and you created it.

If any of you guys delete this I will rain hell because what I just read in the DMCA request DISGUST me.

Thank you for reading more is on the way!

#1 CrayCray, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Exploited.ru likes this.
  2. Metrog-UCS

Metrog-UCS Administrator

#Drama3 ...
    Instead of writing this, you should wait for what will come with DMCA.
    Apache licence has been added by Aidid (whatever who it is) which isn't the copyright owner (Eiffel actually) so it makes invalid Apache.

Error: Invalid argument

3. Clash of Lights

Clash of Lights Head Developer
    Developer Member

Hello,

the License which you said in UCS is invalid because Aidid added it and like you said it must do the Project Owner which is Eiffel. And my work can be still copyrighted in UCS with an Apache License because

"You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License".

Copyright Act, 15 U.S.C. § 512(c).

So I can takedown this Servers which are using the leaked UCS from you.

Kind Regards,
    Clash of Lights.

protld likes this.
  4. protld

protld Lazy Leacher

Sorry for going off-topic, but there's no response to the conversations which were sent to you.

The most important one and helpful for you (sponsorship) is titled: .HOST domain sponsorship
    I'd like to sponsor you free and for lifetime .HOST domain(s).

Check the conversation for more information.

Thanks!

5. moien007

moien007 Donator

Ultrapowa need's only one admin and a good developers.

Some of problem's i know :
    • UCS source code is super dirty C# code i seen in my life (force garbage collector :D, GTA V (one of biggest game's) use's 2-3 thread but ucs run's lot's of thread, C# founder will suicide if see ucs source code)
    • CoC modding section is not active, all works is hidden from people so no one's can help
    • Some part's of ucs is made by old developers (like aidid, berkan.... and more) but there's no credits to this guys (let's create Credits.txt file in next release)
    • UCS is first program that switched to close source ( in world ? or in my life ? :D )
    • Price of donation is 25$. Buy Battlefield 4 and enjoy life or donate.... ?

Here some of reason's why i don't use ucs :
    • Again ucs source code is dirty too
    • There's no reason to use .Net Framework 4.6.2 (Really why :D ?) so windows server 2003 can't run ucs (windows server 2008 too ?)
    • I'm scary from these admin's (x_x) and this fight's in forum
    • UCS errors is not handled (yeah ucs does not crash but... )
    • You can't write plugin for ucs. so you need access to source code to your fix and change.
    Compare thread view's of new ucs and old ucs and you got answer why ucs is dead :|

Code:
    if(wantBeFamous && wantEarnMoney)
    {
            throw new OutOfMemoryException();
    }

Stavros, knobse and antz like this.
  6. Eiffel

Eiffel Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm the only one who can claim copyright on UCS, since ultra left all on my hands.
    For quote yourself, the Apache 2.0 license is something that was not authorized by me, so this line of defense is just burned down.
    Again, all this drama and flame is something i don't like and permits, because, this is turned just like a children and irrational topic.
    On my side, i can say that i know the Responsible of all this situation. I take my fault: trust the wrong people.
    but yet, nothing is loss, i feel very optimistic because there is something that nobody know behind this.
    I'm 10000001% sure everybody gonna love what is gonna to happen.
    So to the entire community: Just be quite, you don't have nothing to worry about.
    since weeks i've got multiple problem IRL : i've lost my dear uncle and now i have some health problem that bring me to stay here in hospital.
    More news will come when i will dismiss.
    While to the one who feel with the dirty conscience : you are the one who have to worry. Soon there will be an stunning notice to everyone, as i said, everybody gonna love it, except you.
    For make a alike-quote from GOT
    "A Leaker always pays his debts."

7. antz

antz Donator

Out of all of this all you are doing is killing this forum...
    Donators will stop donating if they haven't done so all ready

The most immature situation ive seen yet on this forum

Pathetic

8. Aidid Wei Qi

Aidid Wei Qi Junior Member

But The lincese was added by Dominik with Eiffel permission

Exploited.ru likes this.
  9. DominikMC

DominikMC Senior Developer
    Developer

Ok, let's get things straight. I do not feel like arguing about this situation so therefore whatever I say next, please note that I do not mean to get anyone upset.

First things first, the license ...
    The license has been switched multiple times, since UCS was closed source. Since we experienced problems with our MAIN repository,
    Cray was kind enough to let us host another repository on his account, so we did so, with @Eiffel 's permission. During these switches
    the license was changed a couple times, each time with a more secure license that restricted the right to edit/modify and
    redistribute UCS
    . As of now the license prohibits ANYONE FROM DOING ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING WITH THE CODE,
    other than for Utrapowa Staff.
    OK, enough on the license ...

Second,
    Why would anyone redistribute a copy UCS other than for the Ultrapowa Staff,
    if the code is CLOSED SOURCE. Think about it this way, what you are essentially doing is ...
    Stealing a diamond from a safe and then giving it out to people. Wouldn't that be considered wrong?
    This is exactly what people fail to see. Just because you have a project in possession, THAT IS NOT YOURS,
    DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN REDISTRIBUTE IT USE IT.

Third,
    Staff is staff for a reason. The definition of staff is: "a group of assistants to a manager, superintendent, or executive"
    Ultrapowa has staff in order to "assist" with everything. I firmly believe that if the staff is selected by the admin,
    they shall contribute to the safety, control, and protection of Ultrapowa as well.
    If the staff decides to go closed source, then everything changes. If there is a leak of the product/program,
    the staff has the right to enforce a copyright claim and take down what is being leaked and shouldn't
    be redistributed in the first place. Furthermore if a server is using the leaked software without permission
    from the team, guess what, it will get taken down sooner or later.

That's all guys, thanks for reading this.

Best Regrads,

DominikMC - Ultrapowa Staff Developer

Metrog-UCS likes this.
  10. Yusuf Overkill

Yusuf Overkill Lazy Leacher